"Sticking Keys"

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Sun Dec 3 19:30:53 MST 2006

Hi Andrew,

Check the postion of the letoff button rail.  I've had several newer pianos at the lower end of the price spectrum that had the letoff rail too far forward(toward the jacks).  The result is that the jacks get hung up between the butt and the rail with no place to go.  It usually happened on hard blows, but it was intermittent, and extremely annoying!

You'll have to regulate letoff if you do end up moving the rail back.

Dave Stahl

Dave Stahl Piano Service
650-224-3560
dstahlpiano at sbcglobal.net