Sales Tax Thanks

Geoff Sykes thetuner at ivories52.com
Mon Dec 4 16:07:30 MST 2006

What other states charge sales tax on a tuning? As I learned it here in
California, tax on a service is only applicable when that service actually
increases the value of a product during manufacture. In other words, if my
service is part of a production process that is necessary for the completion
of a product, or project, then that service is taxable because the value of
that product is higher going out the door than it was coming in. Or in the
case of us going to the customers home, walking in the door and then walking
back out the door when finished. Now rebuilding and parts resale is another
thing entirely. Taxable, for sure.

Curious --

-- Geoff Sykes
-- Assoc. Los Angeles