Ecsaine Source

gordon stelter lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 6 10:08:33 MST 2006

Ecsaine is more uniform, tougher (?) has grain,
doesn't harden with humidity swings, etc., and no
murder is involved in its procurement.
It is used in new Yamahas and Kawais, I have heard.
Having used it for an 1880 Chickering action (
extensively ) I would not switch back! It glues
easily, and is a  relative joy to use.
    Some folks are talking about it for key-bushings.
    Thump