Ruined naturals--a warning!

pianolady50 at peoplepc.com pianolady50 at peoplepc.com
Thu Dec 7 20:11:56 MST 2006

HTML MessageAwhile back, I did a set of keytops for a  refinisher/rebuilder.  About a week later I got a call from his wife.  She was in charge of stripping the piano and had merely covered the keys with a single layer of newspaper.  Who knows *why* the keys were put in/left in prior to refinishing.  The piano was tipped on it's back while she stripped the keyslip.  I haven't a clue as to why it wasn't removed but neither were the cheek blocks :(  When she removed the newspaper she had severely cratered keytops.  She tried to make it better by "cleaning" them with ????  Results-smeared craters!  Lesson learned I hope.

Debbie
  Unfortunately, he left the newly covered keys near the piano when applying stripper, or laid a rag on them, or something. Oog. The whole set pitted like the surface of the moon.

  Alan Barnard
  Salem, MO
  Joshua 24:15