Steinways / David Andersen

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Fri Dec 8 23:57:07 MST 2006

RIc
  I have stated so in several post of the Yamahas &  Kawais I see that are
around 30 years old with very little  crown or none at all.  These board were
C.C. crowned with spruce  ribs.Yikes, that's a lot a stiffness for a compressed
board to bend.  Also  there are fewer in number of SOME of the other pianos
you mention.  Also  there is more monetary & intrinsic value ascribed to
Steinways so when  tecnicial issues arise they are given more serious attention. Know
what I  mean?
  DAle

other manufacturers who go at least as far down the road of compression
soundboards then Steinway does.  Why do we never hear  about these
failures in Yamahas, Schimmels, Bechsteins, Steingræbers ... etc  etc.
But this is another subject matter  entirely.

Cheers
RicB