Steinways / David Andersen

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sat Dec 9 10:43:20 MST 2006

Putting together a <<task force>> as you put it is not what I had in
mind.  Rather a group of interested technicians that see both profit and
benifit to all concerned by forming a loose alliance based on
established critiera for evaluating instruments and building a
reputation for positive solutions that actually make the company happy.
Personally I dont see the concept as being remotely ridiculous.  The
alternative to some form of affirmative action is basically continued
useless talk negative oriented talk about how lousy they are that gets
no-one nowhere.

Its easy to just decide that any idea that comes along is a bad one for
a million different reasons that are no doubt always easy to find. On
the other hand,  if there is a real and honest desire to start putting a
real dent in the main problem this discussion has for the most part
centered on, namely the ambiguous responsibility situation for basic
warranty issues,  then I see plenty of potential.  That should of course
be absolutely no hinderence for others to have an entirely different
opinion.

I find the whole issue interesting with loads of potential, but I
certainly am not going to get upset about any of this.  After all... the
market as the market does as has been pressed here by many. How we
individually... or collectively approach that market is in our hands
however.

Cheers
RicB

    Putting together a "task force" of technicians (who would choose
    them, who would pay them, why would they want to do it?) to
    overseeor monitor manufacturer/dealer relationships seems...well,
    ridiculous to be completely honest.