The whole Steinway discussion

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sat Dec 9 10:58:17 MST 2006

List

Before anything else is said on either of the main thrusts of this
thread.  Just let me say how gratified I am at the way the whole
discussion(s) has gone on so far.  We've had this stuff up several times
before and things have ended up often enough in very sour moods. I think
this is the first time in the 10 or so years I've participated that
folks with so very different perspectives, thoughts, and positions...
and even passions have treated this theme so topically as we have now.

Ron O's posts, David Loves, Dale Erwins, David Andersens, John Page, Ed
Sutton, and others all  move in somewhat different directions on a
similiar wavelength.  I just wanted to express my sentiment that I
personally have found this exchange between everyone most gratifying.
And I'd like to thank all concerned for the thought provoking posts that
have been contributed.

Strikes me that this is where the true spirit of this list resides.

Cheers
RicB