The Soundboard bit.. RC&S

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Dec 9 13:21:01 MST 2006

> And a flat or concave rib could not also provide appropriate springy resistance?  Is there a reason why the convex curve works better?
>
> Ed S.

I don't know that it does work better. Flat or concave could
work just as well or better. I haven't explored them yet. So
far, I'm familiar enough with convex crown systems to have
some idea what to expect from configuration changes within
that type of system. Eventually I'll try other things. Should
anyone out there wish to throw sufficiently large quantities
of cash at me that I don't ever have to work for a living
again, and can afford the space, equipment, and materials to
pursue it, the R&D could progress at a much accelerated pace.

Standing by for offers...

Ron N