Suspicious and Puzzling email - HELP?!?!?

Richard Eldon BARBER bassooner42 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 10 00:08:16 MST 2006

I received the oddest email (read below).  In the back of my mind (ok
the front) these are the spams where they send you a "cashiers check"
drafted against the bank of bogosity.   Anyone else had the same?

-Rick Barber, Morgan Hill, CA
Assoc, Santa Clara Valley Chapter

===================

Dear Mr. Barber,
             For a long time it has been impossible to contact a piano
technician.  Then suddenly two technicians  make contact at once,  one
on the phone, one on the Net.   The first one, the one on the phone,
was immediately arranged to do the work.  However, experience has
indicated the advisability of having more than one man Please, let me
keep your address in the computer, with proper label,  thus increasing
the probability of my piano not driving me up the wall.   It might even
be of advantage were you do drop me an Email once in a while whenever
it would be convenient for you to service my poor old machine, do an
evaluation, or possibly recommend a piano that might be on the market.
             Another item:  Would you possibly know of someone who
could change the keys on a piano? One would like to have exactly
alternate upper and lower keys from one end to the keyboard to the
other. There would be only two shapes for the keys.  All lower keys
would be the same shape;  and the upper keys would all be of the same
shape, but different from the shape of the lower keys.  It would
probably be necessary to purchase a small inexpensive piano for the
experiment, probably a small one. Alternatively one might modify an
electronic keyboard, but that does not seem as easy.
           Wishing you a Happy Holiday, grateful for your response and
hoping you will always be "on hand", Sir,  I remain,
                                        YMOS
         [name deleted]