The Soundboard bit.. RC&S

Calin Tantareanu calin1000 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 04:04:37 MST 2006

Hi Ron!

If I understand the RC&S method correctly, the panel is not used to support
the crown, which is suppoted entirely by the curved ribs. So, the panel is
just curved over the ribs, I don't see how it can provide an opposing force
to the string downbearing. If the panel does provide any force, then it
would be one (however small) that tends to flatten it out again, because it
was initially bent into a curve by the ribs.
If anything provides downbearing resistance in a RC&S soundboard, it must be
the ribs only, and the panel is just left to move the air. Or am I missing
anything?

Calin Tantareanu
http://calin.haos.ro