Suspicious and Puzzling email - HELP?!?!?

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Mon Dec 11 04:14:12 MST 2006

At 08:53 PM 12/10/2006 -0800, you wrote:

>The idea that "For a long time it has been impossible to contact a
>piano technician" sounds a unbelievable.   The Santa Clara Yellow
>Pages has listings of many piano technicians.    He did send it
>personally to you though...not the typical spammer ploy.   Could be
>a spoof...but it does sound slightly real except for the changing
>the keys idea.   I think a simple, yes, but it would probably cost
>$20,000 to do it would end that brainstorm.   It makes you want to
>ask him to explain the shape of the keys in his idea.   The
>predictable shapes of an octave is exactly why you want it that
>way.   Personally, I wouldn't have anything to do with it, mainly
>because who has the time to waste?   BUT...for a laugh, it might be
>worth pursuing a little.
>
>David Ilvedson, RPT
>Pacifica, CA  94044

The key thing has been done. I've seen pictures of a piano fitted
with keys just as described. The name escapes me right now.  English
make, I think.  Maybe they have spares? ;-}

Janko had a different idea, but the other would be easier to retrofit...

Conrad Hoffsommer

There comes a time in every man's life and I've had plenty of them.
-Casey Stengel