The Soundboard bit.. RC&S

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Mon Dec 11 10:42:01 MST 2006

Dale...

Thank you for a very well written post which I find very much indeed to
be in agreement with.  Two comments only. You said

    "My friend,...I don't get it...... why is it that  this seems so
    difficult  for you to accept or at least acknowledge? "

Thats just it... I HAVE acknowledged... time and time again the fact
that Ron N, Ron O, and the whole RC & S gang have clearly demonstrated
that they can produce wonderful sounding pianos with beautiful sound
characteristics of their own.  What do you guys want from me ? Heck you
stood there right beside me in Rochester as we both admired the sound of
Ron N's instrument from many angles during the concert.

What I will NOT accept is the idea that the worlds most successful
piano, in fact the most successful product in any industry ever, has by
design a soundboard that is inferior. Its just plain... untenable.  And
quite obviously the vast  majority of the industry agrees. Nor will I
accept that the RC & S board can be so superior in performance on the
one hand and then on the other demonstrate no significant differences in
sound characteristics... or that these CAN be made to sound just like
the then inferred less desirable performing of these same aforementioned
instruments.... but nobody will bother to demonstrate that because "
well ... who would want to anyways ?"    This is all self contradictory
and evasive.

Quoting you again...

    "You have added well to the discussion & I agree  with you.   It's
    been a good one."

Thanks muchly.  You have too, as you always do when it comes down to
it.  I've enjoyed nearly all of it myself. And I truly wish you are able
to find a way of dealing with the technical support issues you
originally raised when this round started that you find satisfactory for
both yourself and your customers.

      Merry Christmas
      Dale Erwin

Merry Christmas to you as well Dale.