The Soundboard bit.. RC&S

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon Dec 11 10:46:18 MST 2006

I appreciate Dale's comments on the pianos.  I must give credit where credit
is due:  The A was a Fandrich design and execution, fairly light rib scale,
featuring large cutoff, vertical hitches, treble fish, radial ribs, bass
float, new bridges, altered grain orientation-basically all the bells and
whistles.  The hammers that drive this board are Ronsen Bacon with no
hardeners of any type.  Plenty of power, brightness and sustain.  The M was
a Fandrich rib scale modified to my request a bit heavier to say a medium
weighting, panel and rib assembly by Terry Farrell which I installed.
Original rib positions, smallish cut-off to just reduce the long ribs to
about 850 mm, no treble fish.  I installed a transition bridge and built a
new bass bridge lengthening the backscale considerably, grain orientation
was changed to 60 degrees.  Ronsen Bacon hammers again with no hardeners
also drive this board.  For those interested, several pictures of both
pianos in progress are on my website, the M is pictured completed with
description on the "Pianos For Sale" page.   These two pianos represent
approaches with different levels of treatment but all featuring RC&S boards.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com