Custom Piano Restoration / SB Designing

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Tue Dec 12 12:20:26 MST 2006

Hi Dale.

I'm curious about something that I dont think has really come up. I hope
you are up for an answer.

In RC & S boards as they have been roughly described on the list so far,
the primary (or certainly one of the main) concerns is to view the ribs
as load carrying beams.  How does one go about avoiding ending up with
one or more strings somewhere along the bridge(s) placed so that they
can strongly excite a SB reasonant freq close to its own ?  How do you
go about dealing with where soundboard nodes and nodal lines end up ?

Cheers
RicB