Now here is an interesting thought

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Thu Dec 14 16:29:49 MST 2006

Terry

Oh, yeah... forgot... the steel I-beam ( I guess that was a poor
description for it) is pictured in pics 2a, 3a, and 4a.  The flange that
screws into the pinblock is L-shaped so it screws in on the underside
and on the back edge.  The back edge does not have metal covering it
like the leading edge does  (See pic 3a).  Pic 4 a clearly shows the
hardwood used for the rim. ( and pretty much everywhere else in the
piano except for the soundboard and just behind the belly rail you see
the leading edge of in 4a.

I'm not 100 % up on my American terminology for things... having spent
the last 25 years here... so correct any term usage needed :)

Cheers
RicB