Now here is an interesting thought

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Dec 15 14:37:36 MST 2006

Grin... ah... I misunderstood you entirely.... I thought you had
imagined the right (treble) side of the panel was floating.... :)...
sometimes I wonder about myself.

Cheers
RicB

    No Ric - sorry - I was joking. I was talking about the bracing - the
    large
    beams that run from the rim to the belly rail. Most modern pianos do
    not
    have any bracing up in the treble area - we often add bracing up
    there. On
    your Bluthner, the entire treble end of the belly rail has what
    appears to
    be a huge beam, maybe 30 cm across - your treble belly rail has massive
    support!

    Terry Farrell