Spreadsheet info / Jason Kanter

Thomas Cole tcole at cruzio.com
Sat Dec 16 00:11:32 MST 2006

A number of times I've rescaled for a stringing job and found that to
keep the tension even across the tenor/treble break, I would have to
make the low treble strings a half size larger than the upper tenor -
caused by the bridge lacking a dogleg going under the strut.

We tend to think of speaking lengths as following a smooth curve,
because it's pleasing to the eye. If the bridge is being replaced,
though, why not let the speaking lengths float if you really wanted to
iron out the tensions? It would be fun to experiment to see if it would
be noticeable.

Tom Cole