Help - Inverted Direct Blow Action

afinador afinador at ig.com.br
Sat Dec 16 17:19:50 MST 2006

Gentlemen
I am in final phase of restoration of a piano Lester with Wood & Brooks 90º
Inverted Direct Blow Action.
Action partially was restored and is with the following problem:
I do not obtain to determine “to hammer blow”, therefore if to less
“backcheck wire” touches “to hammer rail” and if more “they wippem ” (in L)
touches “main action rail”.
This after happens the passage of “key dip”. As if “wippen” was stimulated
stops beyond the necessary one. That is I do not obtain to stop wippen! I
tried to solve lowering the jack stop rail, but it did not solve.
They see as I regulated action:
Key Dip: 10mm (already I tried 9,5mm)
hammer blow: tested in 50, 45 and 55mm (+or-)(!!)
let off: 6mm (!!)
backcheck: tested in 15 and 20 mm
Please, help me.
Francisco Motta