New PDA

ROBERT MIHLFELD mihlfeld at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 17 20:47:08 MST 2006

Michelle,

  I have had a X51V for six months and I never have to wait for it to come on. When I push the on button it comes on instantly. Do you mean that PRCT takes time to come up? If that is so then you need to set your processor speed to the highest setting. It doesn't use up the battery much faster and it does improve performance.

  Robert Mihlfeld
  Farmington, Mo.

Michelle Smith <michelle at smithpianoservice.com> wrote:
  Paul,

I've had a Dell Axim X51v for almost a year now and have been very pleased.
The battery gets me through the day and PRCT runs very nicely.

My only complaint about the Dell (and this may be an issue with all pocket
PCs--the Dell is my first) is that when you turn it on, it takes a few
seconds to get started. When I first got it, I thought it was freezing up
but it's just turning on. If I'm about to leave and the customer asks a
question that requires referencing my calendar/contacts/etc., I have to wait
for it to "think". (Can you tell I'm an impatient child of technology?)

Take care!

Michelle Smith

Listees:

The time is drawing near for me to replace my PDA. My current one
is an HP
1910. It's used for the typical reasons plus running RCT. I like
its size
and screen brightness, but understand that these features may need
compromising. What are you using; your likes, dislikes,
recommendations?

Thanks

Paul C