Equal-Tension Scales

Stéphane Collin collin.s at skynet.be
Mon Dec 18 10:40:56 MST 2006

Hi Joseph.

I confirm what you say : I restored a Pleyel concert grand from 1864 that
had equal tension scaling.  Also a heavy capo d'astro all along the scale.
And curved belly rail.  And logatithmic long bridge.  And harder cap stuff
in the high trebble bridge.  Ah, it also had sides of the keys covered with
ivory.  And carved music desk.  Luxury, true luxury, where did you vanish ?

Best regards.

Stéphane Collin.