PDA comments and pitch raise questions

Karl kaputt karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 20 02:23:01 MST 2006

>From: "Rip Lowman" <lehjr at qwest.net>
how stable is a piano that has just had a large pitch raise with overpull,
say on the order of 50 cents or more, and then tuned immediately at A440?

Usually I return after 6 weeks and have to tune each string again. But I
never did pitch raise with an ETD. Just bought verituner pocket and still
wait for the opportunity to test that. But of course I did overpull by ear.
Should not be such a big difference.

Once I had a amazing experience. I did a 100 cent or so pitch raise (2
passes) on a 1920 German Rawie upright in excellent condition. I returned
after 6 weeks and the tuning was still nearly perfect! The customer called
10 years later again. Now the piano was only 8 cent flat and the overall
tuning was not so bad. Unbelievable! Just once in a lifetime...

Gregor