Bechstein question

BobDavis88 at aol.com BobDavis88 at aol.com
Wed Dec 20 13:19:55 MST 2006

Hello Bechstein Experts,

I have a friend who is not on the list, who has a 1908 Bechstein model B to
service. It is below pitch, and he would like to know if anyone knows of any
inherent structural problems inherent in this model. I checked the archives, and
there were several messages indicating that the models A, B, C, and V from
this period were indeed prone to plate cracks; some leading to complete failure
and some not.

Any other comments?

Thanks,
Bob Davis