damper mechanism squeaks....argh!

William Benjamin pianoboutique at comcast.net
Thu Dec 21 13:27:31 MST 2006

Dave,

I have had a number of Hallet Davis verticals that do what I call creek.  I
found the problem to be the bottom board creaking on the toe rail or the
side of that area.  I put a little felt in there for the bottom panel to
rest on separating the high gloss finish of any two rubbing parts.

Hope this helps.

William

PIANO BOUTIQUE

William Benjamin