Plans for a Grand Regulation bench

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Dec 22 04:44:26 MST 2006

MessageNo plans, but a couple pictures. I took a Betsy Ross spinet, rolled it forward, added extensions to the keybed sides and at the foot of the case, and then leveled/epoxied maple and oak planks to the back. I also made a shelf near the bottom. Makes for very quick assembly and a super-strong/stable structure. And best of all, every time you slam a tool on it, it has a musical response (such as this piano ever delivered).

Works for me, and maximizes the utility of a little piano like this.

Terry Farrell