myths

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Sat Dec 23 13:38:13 MST 2006

I'd suggest that it probably wouldn't hurt, but that it will not help
either.  Consider how much water a DC unit goes through to keep the humidity
up.  Passive evaporation from a cup of water will likely only yield perhaps
a couple or three cups over the course of winter.  Compare that against the
gallons of water that DC systems use.

Best,
William R. Monroe