All valued Pianotech Lurkers

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Mon Dec 25 20:26:30 MST 2006

Hello  World wide piano  lurkers
  Happy Holy-days to all. I thought we might have some  fun
  Occasionally I become aware thru things that are said  here & names popping
up that I have not seen before, that there are  perhaps many thousands of
P-tech lurkers reading & gleaning info offered by  contributors to this list.  I
would love it if more of  you would chime in by offering words of support or
affirmation.  or  add a technical opinion,story, question or whatever.
   You know....  everyone is on a different learning curve in life  & in this
wonderful business.  As is frequently stated in many classes  & on line that
there are no stupid questions..... except the one that  isn't asked.  That
will be the rule here & the violtaor of said rule  will be cyberly chastised by
the management.
    I'll go first.  As founding president  of piano re builders
anonymous(grin) I wanted to dispel the  notion that the frequent contributors on this list
have  never made mistakes and all their projects always turn out wonderful &
without a hitch.   Well , we all know that's not true.
  I hate do over but now & then I ,  ...well  do something over.
  On one auspicious occasion I forgot to double  check the final position of
a long bridge cap pattern.  I thought I was in  the right place.  As it turns
out,  I was 2  mm to the  bass.  I made a BEAUTIFUL CAP, Screwed the plate
down, all 50 screws,  rechecked the bearing & viola ready to string & hmmm
.......Trix  says hey those strings are not lining up to good.  Women...there almost
 always right.  She was.  Yup Do over.  That's why we get the big  bucks.
  OK Next....How bout you Nossaman
  Better yet some one yet to venture forth  on the list?
   Happy New Year
  Dale Erwin

Dale  Erwin--Piano Restorations
4721 Parker rd
Modesto, Ca. 95357
Shop  209-577-8397
cell 209-985-0990
Web site _http://www.Erwinspiano.com_ (http://www.erwinspiano.com/)
Restoration & Sales of
Steinway & Sons plus  other fine pianos.
Custom made soundboards by  design