aftertouch/ global balance adustment

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Thu Dec 28 19:46:14 MST 2006

Greetings,

                 There is a way you can globally adjust the balance rail to
make more aftertouch. At least that is what I did on a BAldwin Hamilton
recently. There are 4 or 5 screws across the balance rail,  just under the b flats
that adjust the entire balance rail's height, then there are stabilizing screws
in between them, so that when you raise the balance rail you can then make the
alternate screws hold them there at the desired height. You may not have to
indivudually regulate. Get some more opinions on this, as I only did it once in
my whopping 3 1/2 years experience, and probably am not explaining it as well
as another can.

Julia Gottshall
Reading, PA