Whippen for Wurlitzer Spinet

Steve Blasyak atuneforyou at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 29 10:11:13 MST 2006

Hey Now,

Happy New Year to All on the list.

There is a guy somewhere in the North East ( I think its Minnesota), that will duplicate parts. Unfortunately I have looked for the # and have not been able to locate it. The reason I bring this up is I got his # from Schaff. I'm surprised they did not pass his # along to you. I guess it depends on who you talk to @ Schaff.

I once came across an old English made console other wise known as a PSO. One of the whip's had a brids eye that had flown the coup. I could not find the right whippen in the book so I called Schaff and they in turn gave me his #. When I discussed the possibility of switching a Whip out in the hi treb the customer decided he wanted the part replaced (why????). So I return the customers home remove the action to get a whip out for duplication. Suddenly the birds eye falls out from somewhere in the action onto the floor. A little supper glue and the whip was just like new.

If you think you can't fix it with CA glue or epoxy as has been suggested in other posts, call Schaff back. If you specifically ask for the parts guy, (Don I think), someone may have a # for ya.

Pura Vida
Steve