Quantifying What You Hear...

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sun Dec 31 07:47:25 MST 2006

You must be reading a different list...  I saw one post come in with a
basic negative answer, and even that one had an encouraging lean towards
it.... all the rest (including my own)  were positive, encouraging and
carried a few qualifiers about pitfalls to avoid.

Cheers
RicB

    I read lots of naysaying in the responses to your inquiry.  I hope
    you're
    not discouraged.  I think there are plenty of things to quantify.
    Assigning
    that data to a qualitative description will be no less important a
    task but
    can be treated separately after, or while in the process of
    collecting data.