loose ethical pins update

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sun Dec 31 14:58:14 MST 2006

Hi Tom

I'm not sure one way or the other when you first mention it.  Actually
I'd need to chew on the thought for a bit.  Might be just the thing on
the one hand... depending.  Hard to read these things from a removed
position... let alone being on the other side of an ocean if yer gets my
meaning.  I'd wait for a bit of feedback from the tech in charge at the
dealership before scheduling any new appointment for sure.  But that
said... if the atmosphere is right between you, your customer, and the
surroundings about the situation with her piano... voicing it (even if
its interim between this and a replacement piano) might be a big
positive.  You may end up just repinning this piano anyways.   To be
sure tho... raising the <<perhaps its best to wait on the voicing given
the situation>> thought is entirely correct and appropriate.

Cheers, and Happy New Year Tom... 1 hour to go here in Bergen !

RicB

    Ric

      No, I haven't told the owner yet.  I may have a chance to speak
    with her this week, though, since she wants me to come back and
    voice the piano.  If she tries to schedule that appointment, it
    would be unethical for me to voice the piano and take her money for
    it knowing that the piano might be replaced soon.  Don't you think?

      I'd have to tell her.

      Tom