Bridle Straps

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 31 17:30:35 MST 2006

Okay, I have officially done my first bridle strap replacement on my piano.  I need to know how to control the glue!  I will say that it was far from the neatest job!  Plus, (don't laugh), I removed all the whippens and the letoff rail before I started.  I was just getting really frustrated with moving in between all the parts.  So I am wondering what kind of techniques you all use.  In the "Repair Labor Guide, the job takes 1.5 hrs.  It took me a combined total of 5 hrs.  So, maybe removing all the whippens didn't teach me much, I don't know.  Any help here would be cherished!

  Matthew

http://mail.yahoo.com