Bridle Straps

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Dec 31 22:58:20 MST 2006

> What is everyone's experience with cork vs. clip vs. regular bridle straps??
>
> Thanks Tom!
> Matthew

It's been a while, but, nearly thirty years ago, I made an
inserter for regular old bridle straps. No cork, no clip. A
dab of Titebond, and bridle strappedness was both served and
assured. Those times I resorted to either corks, or clips, I
still used Titebond to head off post installation attack
syndrome. You know. Like the Indiana Jones movies where the
dead always attack as he passes by. Pass by as you may,
Titebonded bridle straps aren't likely to attack beyond the
initial installation statute of limitations. It's a lock. I
tend to approach these things from the standpoint that if you
glue the weasel down in the first place, he won't be showing
up to bite you in the bedoingus later, when you least expect,
or need, it. In other words, always glue, and live long, loud,
and large, gloating about the low failure rate of your repairs
(statistically speaking). A decent glue joint today makes for
minimal trauma tomorrow, at least in this instance.

Endtrans - The Phantom,