curiously repinning

Chuck Beck mrchuckbeck at mail.com
Mon Jul 31 09:25:54 MDT 2006

I recently began extensive action work on an 1894 WW Kimball grand for myself.   I found all of the wippens sluggish so I began repinning the flanges.  I found that almost all of the pins, while also corroded, were all bent on one or both sides of the birdseye.  Some of these bends were up to 30 degrees.  Repinning went fine, but I was just curious if anyone else has often encountered bent center pins this extensively in their keyboards.  Cheers!

Chuck Beck Piano Services
1605 West Main St., Decatur, Il 62522
(217)620-0842
(309)451-4652