Question regarding piano tuning hammers

Sean Kim seanyoonkim at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 8 21:35:51 MDT 2006

Jurgen:

I measured the pins on my piano (an upright Baldwin,
about 15 to 20 years old) and it measures 3/16" by
3/16" inch, which is smaller than the "standard" 1/4
inch x 1/4 inch square.

I believe your hammers may have holes bigger than the
one I have now.  Do you have anything that fits holes
significantly smaller?

Appreciate your help.

Sean

--- Jurgen Goering <pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com>
wrote:

> I carry tuning hammers for small sized tuning pins.
> Sizes 0000 to 0
> (.256" to .272")
> These small pins are often found on vintage pianos.
> Since I carry
> those pin sizes, I carry can supply the proper
> tuning hammer to fit.
>

> Jurgen Goering
> Piano Forte Supply
> (250) 754-2440
> info at pianofortesupply.com
> http://www.pianofortesupply.com

Sean Kim
Candidate for MBA, Class of 2007
Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Management
Rice University
seanyoonkim at yahoo.com
(281) 948-6191