Needles and Epoxy

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Mar 25 13:36:07 MST 2006

> While I would agree that military optical specs are not of any
> importance in piano work ...
> Epotek is a *home town* industry -- here in Billerica, MA -- Jude lives
> here too while his shop is in Hyde Park (south part of Boston). No
> shipping charges, straight from the latest batches, etc.
> Epotek has had tech bulletins for the piano tech market since the late 70s.
> Patrick Draine

Patrick,
Thanks, now I understand. That makes sense to me. For many
years, I used the product of a small local shop that supplied
epoxy to Boeing Wichita by the 55 gallon drum. Lots of them!
They've been out of business for a few years, and I'm using
West System also gotten at a reasonably local source. Too bad,
I liked Mid Con's product as well as West System, and when I
went in for another quart or two of epoxy, they would
cheerfully throw in a grocery bag of colloidal silica for the
asking, even if I just needed a little. I must have looked
needy, appreciative, or both. Don't know, but it was really
nice of them. I haven't quite used up the last of it yet, but
I'll have to actually buy the next batch when I run out.
Ron N