Protecting plain wire from rust

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 25 21:06:50 MST 2006

Mark,
Boston uses an "approved" grease on their unwound stringing destined
for wetter climates.  Piano voicing can redistribute this a little
and it tends to collect hammer felt and dust.   I personally
recommend using Edwards StringCovers.  The felt prevents condensation
and buffers humidity.  Combined with a DC and undercover the whole
piano is well protected.

Sincerely,
Andrew Anderson