Shimming keyframe for undersized YC Brackets

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Thu Mar 30 08:22:05 MST 2006

Hi List, Terry in particular,

The brackets we've been getting from YC lately have been of the long variety.  The feet of these hang over the edge of the wood pedestals on which the brackets are supposed to be mounted.  I was hoping the correct size of brackets would be available in the near future, but given the state of the parts inventory situation at YC, I'm not counting on it.

I know people have mounted these with the help of shims/blocks, and it seems fairly straightforward.  What I DIDN'T do at my last visit to the piano was to measure the thickness of the wood mounts, since I was thinking that the correct brackets would be readily be available.

I'd have no problem going back and taking measurements before the appointment, but this piano is in a restaurant/bar in a busy downtown area, up on the 15th floor.  The fewer trips I need to make there, the better:-)(parking in the vehicle dungeon can be problematic).

Does anyone on the list have any measurements/suggestions for this operation?  My memory--faulty as it is--sees the wood pedestals as around 1/2" thick.

Thanks for any help,

Dave Stahl