measuring downbearing on Kaps piani?

Don pianotuna at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 1 08:05:28 MDT 2006

Hi Julia,

Try just saying "I'm going to treat the block". Here is why I don't use the
term "dope". (pianos are not "high" or "ignorant")

*grin*

dope

n 1: street names for marijuana [syn: pot, grass, green goddess, weed,
gage, sess, sens, smoke, skunk, locoweed, Mary Jane] 2: an ignorant or
foolish person [syn: dumbbell, dummy, boob, booby, pinhead] 3: carbonated
drink flavored with extract from Kola nuts (`dope' is a southernism in the
United States) [syn: cola] 4: slang terms for inside information; "is that
the straight dope?" [syn: poop, the skinny, low-down] v 1: take drugs to
improve one's athletic performance 2: add impurities to (a semiconductor)
in order to produce or modify its properties; "The resistors have been
doped" 3: give a narcotic to; "The athletes were dope by the coach before
the race" [syn: dope up]

At 01:12 PM 8/30/2006 EDT, you wrote:
>By the way... I always use the word "dope" even though I mean CA glue,
when I
>am explainging the "loose tuning pin " problem and how to remedy it to the
>customer.......After all .....how professional does it sound if you tell
them
>you are going to put Krazy Glue in their block?!!...they'd probably say "
>Ummm....no thanks" and then think , "Woah...I better call a professional
>tuner"
THanks
Julia Gottshall

Regards,