Re-Gluing Hammer Felt to Core

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Sep 1 16:20:19 MDT 2006

Lot's of ways to pet a cat, but this is what I do:

Supplies: Thick CA, accelerator, solvent, paper towels.

Method: pull felt off - spray with accelerator - apply glue to felt - very quickly jam felt back onto core one thumb on rear of core and finger from same hand on strike point pressing the felt into the core - other hand pinches felt tails to core - hold for few seconds until CA cures.

Then apply solvent to remove fingers from hammer and from each other.   ;-)

Oh, and no globbing CA down into the action.......

Lots in the archives on this.

Terry Farrell