piano rip off

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner at msn.com
Sat Sep 2 00:51:19 MDT 2006

I know how you feel, Les.

We had that happen to a young couple once too.  They phoned from the
charity's store, asking about the piano.  We warned them; said we were
coming to look at it for them.

By the time we got there, they had spent their $200  before someone else got
the "bargain" away from them and were walking it down the street.  It was a
total disaster.  They walked it back to the charity's store and were told
"No refund", but they could leave it there if they didn't want to pay to
have it hauled off to the dump.  So, it went back on the floor to be sold to
the next sucker!

The worst of all though, was when the piano store that had been in town for
a long time sold a "piano" to some unsuspecting folk.  They called me to
"adjust the parts and tune it". The action didn't even belong to the piano
it was in.  (They should have at least suspected something when the case
parts didn't fit.)

Too bad we can't save even a part of the world.
Diane

Diane Hofstetter