piano rip off

Jonathan Finger pianotech at tollidee.com
Sat Sep 2 11:41:34 MDT 2006

My point is only that (without sounding too insensitive) they got what
they paid for.

I'm sort of trying to hold my tongue here because I do empathize with
the situation - but I just see it a bit differently.

It is unfortunate that the store won't refund the money.  However, it is
still the responsibility of the consumer to know what they're
purchasing.  I'm sure an honest dealer would have been happy to help
them find an instrument that suited their needs, was affordable, and
could hold tune.  That's not going to be at $350 though.  The dealer
will have more than $350 just in moving it, not to mention a fresh
tuning and whatever prep work it may need.  Now you've got $1000.00+
into a piano that you have to get back out of it, without even taking
into consideration the value of the piano.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: I feel sorry for the people, but I
don't feel like they were taken advantage of - I feel like they made a
bad decision.  I hope that with their technician they can either make
the instrument work, or find a way to remedy the situation, but I just
don't see it as poor people being taken advantage of.  Perhaps I've
missed something though.

Jonathan Finger