piano rip off

Jonathan Finger pianotech at tollidee.com
Sat Sep 2 14:52:22 MDT 2006

Leslie said:
Marvin Zindler, the local screamer for the "little guy" says, "IT's hell
being poor".  These people had no knowledge to make an informed decision,
and trusted when they shouldn't have.   In a way they're almost like
children, and it cost them dearly.

We have a local guy like that here - Tom Martino.   I don't think these
people are like children, and I'm not sure it's healthy to see them this
way.  Perhaps this view is what keeps them where they are - the view
that they are somehow different and in need of everyone's help.
It's almost like we're talking about them like they're incapable of
making the right decision.  I don't think that's the case at all.
I don't see them as "poor people".  I see them as people, who made a bad
decision.  Let's remedy that by providing a solution for the immediate
problem (fix piano to the best of your ability and/or resources, or
convince the store to refund money), and then provide them with the
information they need to avoid making the same mistake in the future.
I agree that the 10 year old boy who wants to play the piano should be
the focus here.
Like I said earlier, I'm not insensitive to their needs, or their
plight.  I'm just not of the opinion that it's 100% the store's fault.

Jonathan Finger RPT