LA Times article

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Sep 3 18:13:58 MDT 2006

Yeah, but real pilots don't rely on instruments - but rather they have
experience and guts and stuff like that and fly by the seat of their pants -
like the dudes in Kentucky who didn't bother to check their compass to see
if their heading was consistent with their assigned runway.

Appropriate quality electronic instruments can be of great benefit when used
properly.

Electronic instruments are only as good as those who use them.

Terry Farrell