piano rip off

Jonathan Finger pianotech at tollidee.com
Mon Sep 4 16:43:45 MDT 2006

Now I remember why I stopped posting here years ago -
People seem to continually respond to the points that they like, or
don't like, without reading the meat of the message.

I'm assuming that you didn't read my reply to Ron N's email, in which I
summed up clearly what I was trying to say with that.

Additionally, it appears that not nearly enough of you kill off those
old useless pianos, recycle the plate, and use the wood to heat your homes.
Now I'm sure many of you won't be able to resist doing the "finite
analysis" of this and proving what I said impossible, by pointing out
that it would take months to save that in heating costs, and that the
wood from one piano wouldn't last that long.  Then you'd point out how
difficult it is to recycle the plate, and the cost involved with
trucking it somewhere to get rid of it &tc &tc.
And the whole time you'd be missing the points I originally made (or
tried to make):

1) I feel bad for these people, and their son who now doesn't have a
working piano to play.
2) The piano was worth very little if anything at all, and that's pretty
close to what they paid for it. (yes, I understand $350 can be a lot of
money for some - I've been  poor in my life).
3) I see responsibility for purchasing a decent instrument ultimately on
the purchaser - hopefully though they have an honest dealer to help them
with all the things they don't, and can't, know.

Regards,
Jonathan Finger RPT

PS.  Hope you're all enjoying your labor day :)   (seriously)