balancing action heresy?

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 5 10:42:01 MDT 2006

No assist springs on this piano...

I have ended up going through and evening the hammer weights, adding an average of .6 grams or so and I'll do the usual Stanwood stuff of DW + UP/2=BW and add or subtract from the FW.   I went into this to get an understanding of the process so I might as well do it...I had a weak moment last night...;-]

That was the way I always weighed off actions in the past...DW but I was conscious of UP and strived to get as least 20 + grams.

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044