sound reduction

John M. Formsma john at formsmapiano.com
Wed Sep 6 11:22:12 MDT 2006

Yeah, I ran across something like that with a web search. Thought that it
might work well on the floor, but the wife didn't want to do that -
understandably, as you wouldn't want this huge black mass on a light brown
hardwood. From the web description, it wouldn't be something they would do
since it would involve recovering their walls.

I think I know that the solution will involve something that is either too
expensive for them, or too impractical.

One other thing...after the top and bottom foam wasn't enough, I ran to
Walmart to buy one of those foam mattress pads. That added with the acoustic
foam baffles made some difference, so I'm thinking more of the real acoustic
foam would help. It's cheap enough to try - they'll pay for the foam - and
I'll get paid by the hour anyway. ;-)

Thanks,
JF