Where to notch a bridge, & relative effects ????? ( Advice sought )

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Thu Sep 7 14:56:03 MDT 2006

Hi Terry

Just kind of reacted (a bit quick perhaps) to the lack of checking
downbearing as part of your reply.  Tho I suppose you are right in
assuming that anyone getting ready to renotch a bridge would have known
to check this ahead of time.

That said... I suppose you  CAN have deeper string marks at the front
pin then might be healthy for said removal.  Some of these string
seating routines get pretty nasty.

Sorry bout dat  :)

Cheers
RicB

Geeezzzzzz, here's another one! Of course! We should also check to see if
there is any crown to the soundboard, etc. The dude was asking about
notching and pinning - planing down to string groove base will not change
downbearing.

Terry Farrell