Posting to the List

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Thu Sep 7 15:03:23 MDT 2006

Bruce:

Obviously your post today came through and you aren't banned.  To my
knowledge no one has ever been banned from the list.  Posts can get
blocked for various reasons.  The most common reason for a post's
rejection is that it was sent from a non-subscribed address.  Only list
subscribers can post to the lists and the list software only knows who
is a subscriber by looking at the address on the post and matching it
with a subscription.  If you are subscribed from an address at home but
you send a post from your work address that will be blocked.  There are
ways around that too so if you need any help with your list subscription
please let us know.  The Electronic Communications Committee takes care
of the list administration and one member is "on duty" each week to take
care of problems like this and can be reached at admin at ptg.org.

dave

David M. Porritt

dporritt at smu.edu