Bridge Seating

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Sep 9 13:54:41 MDT 2006

"...false beat is ... caused by changes in either the speaking length or a change in the tension of the string."

Or change in wire size.

"Does a loose bridge pin create changes in tension or changes in the speaking length of the string?"

I certainly don't know for sure, but I've wondered the same thing and made the assumption that both these things are likely culprits.

Terry Farrell