music rack tray

Michael Spalding spalding48 at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 12 07:04:58 MDT 2006

Brian,

You could glue a piece of fabric over it.  Felt will do, but Utrasuede is even better.
http://www.denverfabrics.com/pages/static/ultrasuede-fabric.htm
or
http://www.fieldsfabrics.com/ultra/ultrasuede.htm

I've used it to replace worn-out felt, glueing directly to the wood, and also in situations like yours, glueing to the lacquer finish.  PVCE.

Mike